[SBS Resurrection of the Seven] The difference revealed by director Oh Jun-hyuk of the reborn ‘Resurrection of the Seven’!

2024-04-19 12:41:03

From collaboration with writer Kim Soon-ok to points to watch for ‘Season 2’

SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama 'Resurrection of the Seven' (directed by Oh Jun-hyuk and Oh Song-hee, written by Kim Soon-ok, produced by Chorokbaem Media and Studio S), which will be aired for the first time on March 29th (Friday), is a story of reset revenge and the tragic story of the seven reborn people. It also depicts strong cooperation.

Director Oh Joon-hyuk said, “I am excited that the work I made after a long period of ups and downs is about to be released,” and added, “I worked with the determination to inherit as much of the good points of Season 1 as possible, but to create a new drama.”

He then pointed out the difference, saying, "While season 1 dealt with the original sin committed by the seven people and their struggle for survival, season 2 tried to show exhilarating cider revenge and a just and cruel punishment."

Director Oh Jun-hyuk, who is a fan of writer Kim Soon-ok, said, “I have been working with the writer since ‘The Last Empress.’

Director Oh Joon-hyuk said that, befitting the title 'Resurrection of the Seven,' he focused on the performance of Min Do-hyuk, who returned from the dead and was reborn, and the portrayal of the characters' emotions.

“I am confident that it is a work that can be enjoyed by both viewers who have been with us since Season 1, as well as new viewers, with a pleasant and refreshing development, and at times desperate and intense emotions,” he said. “The seven people are going through dramatic changes in an unpredictable development, and what kind of ending will each of them have?” “It will be fun to predict what will happen,” he said.

→ MoaPic!